Today launches the third year of the Make It programme at Cockpit! Make It offers London-based makers aged 16-26 space and support to build their own craft-based business. The two-year programme is designed to give them everything they need to start and grow.
Do you know a young London based Maker with a passion for making?
This is for them if they:
– Are aged 16-26
– Are based in London
– Have a craft skill that they’ve self-taught, learnt on the job or studied
– Have made something they’re proud of and want to sell or exhibit
– Face challenges and need time, space, and support to get to the next level
– Will commit to the programme and building their business at least 2 days a week
– Are willing and able to make a commitment to take up the programme for its full duration from February/Mar 2022
We have two places on Make It this year, the selected makers will get a free studio space at Cockpit Deptford for 12 months, access to digital workshops in business basics and one-to-one coaching. They will be part of a thriving creative community of 150 makers. In the second year, we ask only for a small contribution from them of £20 a week. Find out more here
Dids Macdonald, OBE., CEO of ACID said of the Cockpit Arts initiative, “Not only are Cockpit Arts support budding new makers, but the two chosen will be working in an environment where there is enthusiasm and support in the difficult first stages of building their own craft-base business – this is a great opportunity.”